Working student - Mechatronics
ENWAY develops the software stack that enables autonomous operations of service vehicles. Our focus is on street sweepers and municipal waste management. We believe in teaming up autonomous vehicles and human labour to make jobs like street sweeping or trash collection safer, easier and more efficient. ENWAY partners with vehicle producers, private cleaning firms and municipal service providers.
We are offering you the unique opportunity to join a dynamic and fast growing startup in the most advanced Artificial Intelligence field of the 21st century. Your work today will impact how society works tomorrow. As one of our first employees you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to ENWAY's technology and direction. You will work closely together with the founders and a small team of engineers to continue and push the rapid development of our platform.
Together with us
- You will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware and software and have a hand in nearly every component of a sophisticated autonomous system.
- You will develop mechanical and electrical systems. You will bring together different hardware components to interface with software.
- Power calculations, parts evaluation and selection.
- Design of wiring concepts, terminal blocks, switchboard cabinets, etc.
- Circuit and PCB design and documentation.
- Micro controller programming: Arduino, AVR, ARM, etc.
- Electrical integration of typical robotics sensors and actuators: LIDAR, Ultrasonic, IMU, etc.
- Communications with sensors via I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN, Ethernet, etc.
- Hands-on tasks in the workshop: electronics prototyping, soldering, crimping, wiring, measuring, troubleshooting.
- You will develop mechanical parts and assemblies: Design of sensor mounts, enclosures, interfaces, robotic modules, etc.
- Concept sketching, 2D and 3D modelling, documentation.
- Selection of materials, manufacturing processes and suppliers.
- 3D printing, laser cutting, sheet metal constructs, ...
- Construction kits (e.g. Bosch/Item extruded aluminium profiles.
- Hands-on tasks in the workshop: measuring, drilling, filing, assembling, mounting
- Highly interesting projects
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of vacation per year (Full-time)
- Flat hierarchies
- Cool and vibrant working environment at the center of groundbreaking innovation
- Freedom and room to develop and implement your own new ideas
- Many exciting team events
You want to work for a dynamic, fast-paced growing startup for autonomous vehicles. You are smart, extremely driven and are always looking to deliver real results. You want to be surrounded by people like you, people that believe in our mission and have a passion for what they do.
You are highly motivated to create powerful systems and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. You have a good sense on how to solve problems and understand the importance of working together as a team. You like the thought that your work will interact with the real world and help people with day to day operations. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day.
- Student or recent graduate of engineering in Berlin (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Robotics or similar).
- First experiences in building mechatronic systems, interdisciplinary knowledge (mechanics, electronics, embedded software).
- Mechanical CAD (ideally Autodesk Fusion 360). Electronics CAD (ideally Autodesk EAGLE).
- Basic material science and manufacturing.
- Digital and analog electronics. Micro controllers, sensors and communication protocols.
- Electrical safety standards, EMI and ESD considerations.
- No need to know everything, but need to be willing to learn on your own.
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Great enthusiasm for robotics, software and a startup atmosphere.
- Fluency in English